We make every possible effort to process every order as quickly as possible – generally within two business days (not including weekends and US holidays). Express and Priority delivery, which are offered as options for most locations, also include expedited processing.
CONFIRMATION MESSAGES: You will receive an order receipt via email from us within a few minutes after you complete your purchase. We will also send you a shipping confirmation via email when your order is shipped by us.
- Please check your receipt and contact us immediately if any corrections or changes are required. Be sure to check your delivery address for correctness, including house number, street name, apartment/suite number, city, state/province and postal code. (You can get in touch with us by replying to the receipt, or by clicking here. Please be sure to include your name and order number when contacting us.)
- If you did not receive a receipt from us, please search all of your email folders – including your junk or spam folder – for “Crater Registry.”
TRACKING: A shipping confirmation will be emailed to you when your parcel is dispatched by us. You may track your shipment via the link that is included in the confirmation message. We cannot track your shipment for you.
INTERNATIONAL ORDERS: For postal (air mail) shipments bound for locations outside the United States, orders are usually routed through customs in Los Angeles (LAX) or New York (JFK).
- After customs clearance, which generally requires 2 or 3 business days, your parcel will be transferred to your local postal service for transport from the United States for final delivery to you.
- Your tracking number may appear as a Customs ID in your confirmation message. This ID also works as your tracking number.
- We cannot track your shipment for you. Please contact your local postal service for additional assistance.
HOLIDAYS: Please keep in mind that we experience much heavier order volume during the holiday season (including Christmas, Hanukkah, Diwali, Kwanzaa) beginning in late October and extending through December. As a result, there may be delays in processing your order, and longer transit times may result due to higher holiday parcel volume affecting USPS, UPS, FedEx, DHL and other carriers, as well as your local postal service.
Wondering how long it will take for your order to arrive?
Have questions? Need more information? Please contact us!